New Wednesday Night Teaching – all classes start at 7.30pm
- How to Meditate: 8, 15 and 22 July & Drop In on 29 July
- No class in August to permit students to attend teachings by Venerable Robina Courtin
- The Wisdom of Emptiness: 2, 9, 16 September & Drop In on 30 September
- Mind and its Potential: 14, 21, 28 October (no Drop In session in October)
These user-friendly Wednesday night sessions starting in July 2015 will be presented by experienced western students and are designed to help you gain an experience of the path as well as learn more about the Buddhist teachings.
The program will involve a combination of western-style teaching, practical experience through meditation, and discussion. Suitable for new or more experienced students, different topics will be covered over three evenings of the month with the fourth a stand-alone ‘Drop in Buddhism’ night designed to give newer students a taste of the Buddhist experience.
The first of the topics in the series is a very practical ‘How to Meditate’, presented by Angela Doyle.
Subsequent topics include:
- ‘The Wisdom of Emptiness‘ in September with Matt Whiston
- ‘Mind and its Potential‘ in October with Jude Carter
Future courses are planned on the following topics:
- ‘Death and Rebirth’
- ‘All About Karma’
- ‘Establishing a Daily Practice’
- ‘Transforming Problems’
The sessions are designed to fill the gap between the brevity of led meditations, where it is difficult to present detailed explanations, and the greater detail presented in Geshe Sonam’s teachings which can be a challenge for students without some basic understanding of Buddhism.
Cost is by donation. All welcome.