Membership is one of the most practical ways to support our Centre. Our Members are the heart of our Centre and provide a stable financial base to ensure the continuation of our work.
A number of benefits are offered to Members such as discounts on courses, discounts from our bookshop, library borrowing rights, invitations to members’ events. Once an application has been approved by committee, applicants will also have a say in the future of our Centre through voting rights at our Annual General and other meetings.
Types of Membership
|Individual Membership||$155 per year|
|Family Membership||$230 per year|
|Concession Membership*||$105 per year|
* Concession Membership is for individuals on age pension, disability pension or full-time students. Proof of eligible concession needs to be sighted and should be brought into the centre and presented to our volunteer “welcome” staff on your next visit.
On submission you will get an email confirmation message from us. It will be sent to the email address you gave us above and contains important details on how to pay for your membership. Your membership is not active until paid. If you don’t receive our confirmation email within a few minutes, first check your Junk folder. If you still don’t find it please email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include your name in your message.
• Membership applications are subject to final approval by the Hayagriva Buddhist Centre’s Executive Committee though this is usually just a formality. In the very unlikely event that an application is refused, all money will be refunded. Until an application has gone before the Executive Committee, applicants are entitled to all the benefits of Membership except the right to vote at meetings or stand for a position on the Executive Committee.
• Privacy: All information provided in this application is used in the process of maintaining our membership details and to reconcile your payment. We will not sell or give your details to any third party. Under Australian law it is your right to request a copy of your personal data. Please address your requests in this matter to our Membership Coordinator.
To help provide an atmosphere conducive to the study and practice of Buddhism, Members must agree to abide by our Conditions of Membership.
Conditions of Membership
We have a fundamental responsibility to create a supportive, harmonious and safe environment at our Centre. To this end Members are expected to:
- Observe Gompa Etiquette at the Centre (the Gompa is the hall in which we conduct teachings and meditations)
- Treat others with courtesy and respect
- Abide by the five lay precepts at the Centre – not to kill, steal, lie, engage in sexual misconduct or take intoxicants
- Be respectful of other religions, traditions or groups but not promote or support them in any way while at the Centre unless approved by the Executive Committee.
- Not engage in the practice of Shugden as advised by our Spiritual Director, Kyabje Zopa Rinpoche **
- Obtain prior approval of the Executive Committee before holding meetings or events at the Centre
- Abide by decisions of the Executive Committee
(Note: It is also possible to sponsor the Membership of someone experiencing financial difficulties for $155. Please contact our Membership Coordinator for more details.)